Sunday, April 22, 2007

Black Gold screening a success!

Okay, so our Fair Trade organization held a screening for Black Gold last Thursday and we were especially thrilled with our turnout. I was personally impressed by this film, and we almost filled the entire room with participants! This may sound like a modest number, but for our organization, having over thirty people to voluntarily show up for a documentary is a pretty big step. We are still very new on campus and we are continually working on our awareness strategies.

Needless to say, I'd like to take this time to point out how pr can go wrong, even is small instances such as these. The flyers sent out, (which I had nothing to do with I might add) had the wrong room number on them. I don't know whether to blame this on the people we reserved the room from or on those who made the flyer, but I do know that it was not a good thing, especially for us. The last thing we need right now is for people to become turned off by our meetings because they can't find the right room to go to. Grrrrrr!!!

On a happier note, I was especially thankful for those who still hung in there through all the confusion and had much to offer about fair trade. It makes me feel good about this organization to know that we already have a good number people who are concerned and want to be active with us.

No comments: